Hollywood likes to play with the make-believe phenomenon of switching lives with someone else, usually by some unexplained magic that occurs and each person’s being goes into the other one’s body. This plot makes for cheap and easy laughs and has taken the form of Freaky Friday, The Hot Chick and The Change Up. It always involves two people who are so different in personality and the lives they lead, that their body/life switch results in awkward, uncomfortable and hilarious situations. Then at some point during the predictable plot the two people either start to enjoy and take advantage of their new life, or learn some sort of life lesson. The formula is always the same.
But let’s imagine for a moment that the unexplained magic does really exist and you are about to switch bodies/lives with someone completely different than you, for one week, but you get to choose who that person is. And before you choose, remember that you will have to lead their life, make their decisions, take on their responsibilities, etc. So, you know, maybe don’t pick Obama. And they will be in charge of your life and body too. You can’t tell anyone what has happened, so you have to try and act as normal as you can – normal for that person anyway. So choose wisely.
For me, many types of people came to my mind, but I think I’m going to go with Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, for the following reasons:
- I’ve never been to England, so why not see the unattainable, unrealistic side of it
- I really don’t understand or know much about Royal families or how that all works so it would be interesting to see it first hand
- I could have access to her closet, work with her stylists, and wear her fabulous clothes and shoes
- I could see inside the castles and homes she frequents
- I think I could reasonably fake being her for a week. I mean, I could just smile and nod along politely to anything I didn’t understand, and if tasked with something I didn’t know how to handle I could fake a royal headache and ask to retire in my marble bath with champagne. At least that’s how I imagine it.
She has a baby right? Well I’m sure I would never see him because he would be with the nanny. 😉
WHO would you choose and why?