Katie Matthews, Owner
If you are looking for help with your content writing, social media, and overall marketing strategy, I may just be the marketing spirit guide you have been seeking. I founded Creative Content in 2018 when I realized my creativity could expand through freelancing and consulting to help businesses with their marketing.
With 19 years of experience in marketing communications for a variety of industries, and a marketing degree from Colorado University, I thrive on helping companies reach their audience and achieve success.
I have served as a Marketing Manager in the Architecture & Engineering industry, the software components industry, as well as local county government. My variety of experience in marketing for very different audiences gives me a unique perspective and talent for adapting to different types of content.
I am a published author and truly enjoy writing–whether it’s for blog posts, e-books, or fiction novels. I call Colorado my home and go hiking any chance I get.
- 7 years in Architectural/Engineering industry in marketing, proposal coordination, and business development
- 5 years in local government as Communications Supervisor providing public and stakeholder communications
- 5 years in private sector high-tech industry as Marketing Manager
- (As part of Creative Content) Website content writing and blogging for the City and County of Denver,
as well as a local botanical herb company
- (As part of Creative Content) Marketing strategy, social media strategy, website content, and blogging
for local website design and marketing company
- Project Manager for eight-part regional map series involving grants, sponsorships and partnerships
- Supervision of Communications team for Jefferson County Parks and Open Space
- Speaker at Colorado Open Space Alliance conference – 2015 and 2016
- Media contact and liaison for Jefferson County Open Space. Coordination with local media, and
response to crisis communications.
- Execution of four company offsite user summit events for 90+ attendees (tech industry)
- Oversight of firm-wide transportation marketing group in national A/E firm
- Managed large, firm-wide proposals; and over 300 proposals total
- Published author of fiction novel